Technocash Security Advances
All TECHNOCASH transactions are 128-bit encrypted under Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Encryption is turning words and numbers into a coded language. Encryption prevents unauthorised users from being able to change or read your data. Technocash Login, Feedback and Transaction pages are encrypted with SSL for your security. Verify your browser padlock is on or check that the webpage URL starts with “https:”. For financial transactions, ensure you access SSL encrypted and digitally certified links. Your web browser settings should ensure you are notified of non-certified links and thus reduce the risk of fraud.
Technocash recommends the following procedures to reduce your risks and enhance security of using the Technocash system:
- Never go to the TECHNOCASH internet login page from a link in any email.
- You must always log on by typing the website address "https://secure.technocash.com.au/billfold" directly into your browser's address field. This way you will ensure you come to the TECHNOCASH site.
- Add the TECHNOCASH login page to your list of favourite internet sites or bookmark it for your ease and security.
Technocash recommends that you always use the “virtual keyboard” to login and for transaction passwords - see example below. This minimises the risk of loss of your login and other passwords to spyware.
The virtual keyboard automatically rearranges the letters and characters each time it is used.
Also, ensure you have spyware and virus protection, use Apple (eg: iMac) computers where possible to login. Your computer should generally have up to date anti-virus software as well.
It is strongly recommended that all precautions be taken if you are logging in via insecure locations such as internet cafes and other public computers. The usual method to login to your Technocash account is by using your 16 digit Technocash number. For your convenience, you can set up a Username which is easier to remember and use. To do this go to the “My Account” section in your Technocash Account. Please enter a username between 5 to 30 characters. Do not use space characters. You can use combinations of letters and numbers. It is not case sensitive so you can use upper or lower case at any time. Your Username must be unique. As you would understand, Technocash reserves the right to veto usernames that are offensive. And always select "log out" from the online Technocash account menu when you complete your transactions so that sensitive personal information cannot be viewed by others.
As an online system, Technocash requires you to use passwords which have a range of security levels - for example the Spend password. Never email your Password to anyone, not even Technocash. Also never reply to emails or enquiries that request your Account Number, Username or Passwords. Do not disclose to anyone your Username or Passwords. Technocash recommends the following to assist you with password security:
- Change your passwords regularly, do not write them down or give them to anyone.
- Select complex passwords with letters and numbers and special characters.
- Always use the virtual keyboard for all passwords.
Please ensure you have safely supplied the security questions and answers as this will help our staff to assist you in relation to login issues and password recovery.
A great feature of the Technocash system is that it supplies notification emails. Please ensure that the notification emails are set in the “My Account” section of your account. Having set the notification emails is not enough. Read your notification emails. If you have any concerns you must immediately email to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the feedback form to lodge the details of your concerns. Do not reply directly back to the notification email address.
The protection of your personal information is something we take very seriously. We protect your personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles and relevant industry privacy codes. We understand that you may have concerns about your privacy and confidentiality while online. Rest assured we're committed to ensuring your privacy at all times when using our websites.
Here are a few Security Suggestions you may like to consider
Protect yourself online
There are important steps you should take to protect yourself from online threats such as financial crimeware and identity theft. Taking the steps below to protect your computer not only saves you time and trouble should something go wrong, but also ensures that you are getting the best online experience.
Internet Security Package
Every computer used to access the Technocash payment system needs an Internet security package installed to protect you from financial crimeware and safeguard your online identity. The package from a reputable vendor should include:
anti-virus – preventing financial crimeware from damaging your computer
anti-spyware – protecting your computer from crimeware that may attempt to monitor what you are doing online
firewall – monitoring information going in and out of your computer to prevent unauthorised access?
It is important to ensure the Internet Security Package is set to automatically download the daily antivirus updates to ensure you are protected against the latest threats.
Update Your Operating System
Ensuring your operating system remains up to date is an important step in securing your computer. Both Microsoft and Apple regularly release updates, or patches, that provide new features, improve performance and provide protection against new types of crimeware.
Social networking sites such as Facebook, MySpace and LinkedIn are a great way to keep in contact with friends and update professional associates. Unfortunately they also offer cyber criminals another way to gather information about you. To protect yourself while using these social networking sites:
- Make sure your profile pages are only accessible to people you trust and not to the general public by customising the security settings
- Never publish personal or sensitive information such as your birthday, drivers license number, tax file number or bank account details
- Don’t publish contact details such as your home address or phone number
- Use a different email address if you want to publish this online
Technocash does not send emails requesting you to confirm, update or disclose your confidential information. If you receive an email you believe may be a hoax please forward it as an attachment to email@example.com
Report suspected fraud
If you suspect that any of your accounts have been accessed online by someone other than yourself, please notify Technocash immediately. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimise the possibility of fraud
- Always check your statements and report any suspicious transactions to Technocash immediately
- Notify Technocash as soon as possible when you change your address
- Memorize your passwords and do not keep it with your account number or username
- Do not disclose your passwords or confidential details to any person
- If you receive a call from anyone purporting to be Technocash staff requesting your passwords do not reply as Technocash staff will never call you and ask for them
- Do not disclose your personal or account information over the phone unless you initiated the call or unless you are confident that it is Technocash that you are dealing with. Alternatively if you have any doubt, you can decline to provide the information and call Technocash direct on +61 2 9687 1900
- Keep tax records and other financial documents in a secure place
- When disposing of correspondence containing personal information, ensure that documents are destroyed properly or shredded
- As a safeguard, lock your letterbox to help avoid your personal mail being stolen as thieves are known to use personal details
- Share accommodation - don't leave your personal items unattended
- Avoid using public computers as they may have a keystroke logger installed that captures passwords and account details
- Set strong passwords and change them regularly. Passwords will only keep outsiders out if they are difficult to guess! Don't share your password, and don't use the same password in more than one place. If someone should happen to guess one of your passwords, you don't want them to be able to use it in a number of places.
- Never click the 'save my password/details' option sometimes offered
- Be cautious about wireless networks because they present a security risk.